Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Desperate Housewives



Desperate Housewives is an American television comedy-drama series created by Marc Cherry.The setting of the show is the street of Wisteria Lane in the fictional American town of Fairview in the Eagle State. It follows the lives of a group of women, seen through the eyes of their dead neighbor. They work through domestic struggles and family life, while facing the secrets, crimes and mysteries hidden behind the doors of their—at the surface—beautiful and seemingly perfect suburban neighborhood.




Answer the following uestions

My name is Mary Alice Young. When you read this morning's paper, you may come across an article about the unusual day I had __________.
last week
this week
next week

Normally, there's never anything newsworthy about my life. That all ________________.
changes last Thursday
had changed last Tuesday
changed last Thursday

Of course everything seemed as normal ____________.
At first
At third
At the end

I made my breakfast for my family. I performed my ________.
my Charles
my chores
my chairs

I ___________ my projects.
competed
completed
canceled

I ________ my errands.
ran
run
land

In truth, I spent the day as I spend every other day, _________ polishing the routine of my life until it gleamed with perfection.
calmly
quickly
quietly

That's why it was so astonishing when I decided _______ my hallway closet, and retrieve a revolver that had never been used.
to go to
go
to open

My body was discovered by my neighbor, Mrs. Martha Hoober, who ______ ______ _______ by a strange popping sound.
has been startled
have been startled
had been startled

Her curiosity aroused, Mrs. Hoober tried to think of a reason for ________ ____ unannounced.
coming by
dropping by
running by

After some initial hesitation, she decided to return the blender she ____ ______ from me six months before.
had lended
has borrowed
had borrowed

"It's my neighbor! I think ____ ______ ______. There's blood everywhere! Yes! You've got to send an ambulance. You've got to send one right now!"
had been shot
has been shot
has been shooting

And for a moment, Mrs. Hoober _______motionless in her kitchen, grief stricken by this senseless tragedy.
was standing
had been standing
stood

But only for a moment. If there was one thing Mrs. Hoober was known for, it was her ________ to look on the bright side.
possibility
agility
ability

No comments:

Post a Comment