Sunday, July 18, 2010
English Speaking - Mistakes & Regrets ("I should have studied" etc.)
Regrets- a mistake that you did or didn’t do in the past
1. I should have done something.
2. I should not have done something.
Should /should not + have + past participle of the verb
Should have – shouldof
• I shouldn't have shouted at you. I apologize.
• She shouldn't have left work yet. I'll call her office.
• I should have let her know what was happening but I forgot.
It was a waste of money. I _______________it.
I’m sorry. I ______________ that.
We ___________late. It didn’t give a good impression.