Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Adjectives That End In '-ing' or '-ed'

Do you ever get confused with adjectives that end in "ing" or "ed"?
Do you oftentimes say- "I'm boring?".I'm sure that you're not boring, but something makes you bored.

Read on!





Still don't get it ?
Here's a BIG TIP!
Adjectives that end in -ed are used to describe how people feel.
Adjectives that end in -ing are used to describe things and situations



ESL learners, answer the following. Put your answers in the comments.

1.    I do the same thing every day. My job is very ______ .
a.    boring
b.    bored


2.    My trip to Cambodia  has been canceled. I'm really ______ . I really wanted to go.
a.    disappointed
b.      disappointing


3.    I am very ______ with Teacher Jet’s blog.  I find it fascinating.

a.    interesting
b.    interested


4.    I was ______ by the news. I didn't expect it.
a.    surprising
b.    surprised


5.       I have nothing to do. I’m ____________
a.       bored
b.      boring


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment