Weeks ago, I attended a meeting wherein one magician taught us how to hypnotize our friends.
As soon as I got home, I was too excited to show that trick to my students. They became convinced and surprised but at the end of our class, I revealed to them the secrets behind what I did.
Because of that, I'd like to share this lesson in reading.
Have you heard of Harry Houdini's magic? Read the following and get your dictionary to check for words that you don't understand. Good luck!
Unlocking the secrets of Houdini's enduring magic
By Laura Allsop (CNN)
- 1. Who was one of the best knows magicians of all time and why?
- 2. To the immigrant communities, his stunts meant something. What did it symbolize?
- 3. Where and when was Harry Houdini born?
- 4. Why weren’t the visitors allowed to look at his props in the museum?
- 5. Explain: "Truly, death was the ultimate escape for him.”